E. Eugene Webb PhD
Well, it's time for the new year. I guess we're all hoping that things are going to be a little better in 2021 than they were in 2020, it's difficult to imagine that they could be worse.
Given everything that has been going on, it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with some New Year's resolutions. However, if you have been cooped up in the house, stuck with all the negative news and worrying about everything from your job to your health, working on New Year's resolutions may not be at the top of your list.
So, I've put together five suggestions for New Year's resolutions:
1. When you qualify, get your coronavirus vaccination.
2. Go take a walk at least twice a week. You will be amazed at how refreshing some fresh air really is.
3. Get your second COVID-19 vaccination. Remember this vaccine is a two-shot process.
4. Keep wearing a mask and social distancing. Don't take any foolish chances.
5. Finally, if you're looking for something to do that will help you out emotionally and spiritually, try setting up a Bible reading project. There are a lot of good Bible study guides out there just Google read the Bible in a year and take a look.
Those are my five New Year's resolutions.
Regarding that Bible Study, I'm using the Moody Church 3-year Bible Reading Plan.
I've got a year up on you as I started a year ago and just finished the first one-year segment. I find it the easiest to do early in the morning before I go into the old Home Office and start working.
If your argument is: those Bibles are so hard to read and that King James thing with all that King James English is just impossible to understand. I have a suggestion for you. Check out the Expositor's Study Bible from Jimmy Swaggart Ministries. I recommend the Kindle e-book version which is available at Amazon. Virtually every verse is explained.
I have the Moody 3-Year Bible Plan downloaded into Word on my iPod, along with the Kindle version of the Expositor’s Study Bible, making it one nice easy package to access and use.
Here's hoping that 2021 will be a better, brighter, and healthier year for all of us.
E-mail Doc at mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a Facebook (E. Eugene Webb) Friend request. Like or share on Facebook and follow me on TWITTER @DOC ON THE BAY.
See Doc's Photo Gallery at Bay Post Photos.
Please comment below.
Post a Comment